Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Sunshine and Smiles for The Squirrel

Good Morning Dreamerz!!

It is a bright and sunny day here in Southern California.  All the flowers are in bloom and the weather is so nice, just perfect for spending time outside and with friends.
Today I want to share a card I made for "The Squirrel" aka Heather, my crafty BFF, sister from another Mr.. We usually try to see each other at least once per week, but with conflicting schedule and cooties we have been unable to do so. I sent this card off to the Squirrel just as a I miss ya kind of thinking about you card.  I hope you enjoy it and the card recipe is below.


Card Recipe:
Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers and More Spring Flowers stamps and dies
I stamped the flowers using versamark then then used Clear, White, and Grey embossing powders to heat emboss the images.  I then used various colors of Distress Inks to each sheet of flowers to see what I was going to like best, once I was happy with the results I flicked the images with plain water and waited for the magic we all know and love to happen.  the end result was very subtle and what I think is very shabby chic. I then die cut all the images (see picture below).  Since I do not own a 3 panel die I used what I had to create 3 panels in a 4in x 5.25in piece of Neenah card stock. I used a stem and leaf set from the spring blooms and stamped them to each panel and colored in with copic marker and added a lil white accent to the stitch on the leaf with a UniBall Signo pen in white that the Squirrel gifted me.  Lastly I attached each blossom to the panels with a foam dot and then adhered everything to a folded card of Neenah card stock.  I added the sentiment after because I thought the card was missing something, the sentiment is from Altenew Oriental Orchid stamp set.  Base layer was die cut using Stitched Rectangle dies from Kat Scrappiness

Here is a picture of all the blossoms I made, I will have plenty for so many cards in the future

~
Well that is all for me today Dreamerz, I hope you enjoyed my card and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik