Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Going to Camp ~ Camp Create 3 Final Session ~ Ombre

Good Evening Dreamerz,

As the title of my post says I am going to camp!! This is not the camp of my yesteryear, this is a camp for crafters! My favorite kind of camp, no mosquitos, no embarrassing situations at the pond (don't ask), and the best camp counselors  aka MFT Designers, a crafty girl can ask for!!

Well as day 2 of camp comes to a close I want to share with you what all the cool kids did at camp today.  Today the counselors had us create a project using the theme "Ombre".  So I set out to use 2 of my favorite colors lately Purple and Grey. Well as I was blending to create the ombre effect with my stencil it occurred to me to make a shaker card, but to reverse the ombre effect inside the shaker. WOW this came out great so I took it outside to catch a glimpse of it in the sunlight and sunlight was not all I caught! I caught an adorable Unicorn. Cute critter landed smack dab in the middle of my shaker all I could say was "Are you for real?"



Card Recipe:
My Favorite Things Magical Unicorns Stamp Set 
Unicorn embossed with Ranger Black embossing powder then painted (filled) in using Gansai Tambi Starry Colors ~ White Gold
Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress ink in Wilted Violet and Hickory Smoke
Sentiment from Magical Unicorns stamp set embossed using Ranger White embossing powder then dimensional foam strips applied to the back.
Clear iridescent sequins from stash.



I hope you enjoy my Camp Project and look at the swell badges I earned for participating on day 2.



Challenge Completed Badge

Participation Badge


I hope you will join me tomorrow to see my next camp creation, until then have a great night Dreamerz..

PS: I am keeping the Unicorn!!!



entered into MFT Camp Create ~ Ombre Challenge







1 comment:

  1. Sooooo PRETTY!! <3 the colors and that adorable unicorn!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik