Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Steampunk on a Sunday morning..

Good Sunday morning Dreamerz..

This morning I want to show you my colored image from the Nikki Burnette coloring book Spellbinding Images.  I have been dying to get into this book and add my own special flair with color to the images yet I have been intimidated by some of the gorgeous work done by others that I have seen in the fan groups.  So I decided to get my toes wet and chose one of the 3x4 inch pictures in the front of the book that were designed for you to try out your color scheme on. I must say that the added grayscale shading really takes the guesswork out of the coloring process.  I did use multiple colors on almost all of it to add more depth to the image. I highly recommend this book for anyone wanting to do coloring and have a more realistic look.



Card Recipe:
3x4 image from Spellbinding Images: A Grayscale Fantasy Coloring Book: Beginner's Edition (Volume 1)
Prismacolor Premier colored pencils blended with vaseline
Silver/Grey base layer die cut Wonky Stitch Die
Black layer die cut Mix it Up Dies
Gears cardstock covered in aluminum foil then black distress inked and die cut using Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets 
Metal Key and Gear from stash

Thank you Dreamerz for liking, looking, and commenting on all my projects.
Until tomorrow, have a great day..


Challenge Entry:




3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Creation MaryAnn, love the colors and all that sparkle.
    Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, MaryAnn. Thought I'd pop in and check out your blog and become a follower. Great steampunk card. Love the sprockets, coloring and that key. Shading is a hard thing for me. Come check out my blog when you get a chance. Bunny- your new DT sister

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik